al wrote:

>Hi Ref my message of yesterday, I see some people took it personally,
>it was never ment to be.
>Maybe I should have writen it in a different manner.
>I joined a group called "Biofuel" with the intention of
>getting some knowledge of the subject as it sounded
>so exciting.
>I now beleive this group should be split into "Biofuel" and
>another group called "anything goes".
>Lets have a hands on group on Biofuel if that is what the
>group is about or change its name to something else.
>I ment nothing personal beleive me. al

If you mean me, I didn't take it personally, but I meant what I said in reply.

There is plenty of information about biofuel here, and plenty of
people with a vast collective knowledge of the subject. You've asked
a couple of questions in the past and got good straight answers to
them, didn't you?

You also threatened to leave the group because there was something of
a flame war over religion, which the moderator (me) didn't put a stop
to (and didn't take much part in either). In fact it wasn't
particularly off-topic, IIRC it was sparked by oil imports from the
Middle East and inflamed views following Sept 11.

So, along with what you're now saying about "Biofuel" (what interests
you) and "Anything goes" (everything else), you do indeed want to
restrict the discussions.

This happens every couple of months, there's been lots of discussion
about it, which amounts to this: apparently most people here see
biofuels in a wider context than simply "How do I make it, use it",
etc., and appreciate the wide-ranging subject-matter. Restricting it
would deprive them of this. On the other hand, hands-on "How do I
make it" and so on is certainly discussed, there's a helluva lot of
good info in the group archives and at the websites listed at the
bottom of each message and at the group site at Yahoo. Not
restricting the subject-matter range doesn't deprive the members
who're mainly interested in the technical aspects. "Anything goes"
(not really) messages don't restrict or discourage technical
discussions in any way.

And, nobody's forcing you to read anything. Every message has a
subject header, it's a simple matter to follow only the threads that
interest you. Bandwidth is a non-issue, IMO. There are people here
with slow and/or expensive connections who don't complain - it's not
a high-volume list. Did you heed Ryan's advice about following
messages by conversation with Outlook, if you use Outlook? Do you use
message filters to send messages to specific mailboxes, for example,
"Biofuel", or does it all arrive in your in-box in a massive clutter?

Maybe you should attend to such things before suggesting we should
split the group in two.

Best

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!