   From: "Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: turbines kill birds

dont remember who sent that silly post that turbines kill birds.. but
it is my belief that this is an urban legend.

Turbines just do not turn fast enough that a bird will not see them
and get out of the way.

Perhaps whomever said this was refering to home brew turbines which in
reality really do turn MUCH MUCH faster than those found on wind farms.

Guess it is my opinion that the person who started this stupid
rumor... without showing where the bird bodies lay .... must be a
sparrow brain.

So... With this in mind... Show me  give me three places I can find
something that really shows that birds are killed.  We definitely have
been using wind turbines in the Netherlands for hundreds of years..
dont see any dead birds there.

Have wind farms in California ... Dont see any dead birds there.

Have them in florida... no dead birds there..

We dont have them in Louisiana.  To many hunters killing birds here.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511