Hello members,

The acetone post is very interesting. will it harm catalytic converter ,oxygen
sensor and fuel injection system?

oilpalm1

"subramanian D.V" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello members,

The information below came in one of the Emails.

>>>http://pesn.com/2005/03/ 17/6900069_Acetone/

>Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage 15-35%

>Readily-available chemical added to gas tank in small proportion improves the
>fuel's ability to vaporize completely by eliminating the surface tension that
>causes some particulates to note fully vaporize.

>by Louis LaPointe Adapted by Sterling D. Allan with LaPoint's permission for
>Pure >Energy Systems News

>Acetone (CH3COCH3), also called dimethylketone or propanone, is a product that
>>can be purchased inexpensively in most locations around the world, such as in
>the >common hardware store. Added to the fuel tank in tiny amounts, it aids in
>the >vaporization of the gasoline or diesel, increasing fuel efficiency,
>engine longevity, >and performance -- as well as reducing hydrocarbon
>emissions…………

> How Much to Use

>Add in tiny amounts from about one part per 5000 to one part per 500,
>depending on the vehicle -- just a few ounces per ten gallons of gas than
>demand…………….

> I have never seen a problem with acetone, and I have used ACETONE in gasoline
> and diesel fuel and in jet fuel >(JP-4) for 50 years.

> See also

>Acetone as a Fuel Additive (index at PESWiki) Fuel

The qty of acetone to be mixed with petrol works out 2cc to 20 cc per 10 litres
of petrol. The PESWiki link mentioned does not give any guidance about the
mixing ratio. I am about to try this on our family car . Acetone is available
in the local chemicals market in 2 qualities-- commercial quality at the lower
price equivalent of 2 U.S.dollars a litre and the one for laboratory use at 6
dollars a litre.

Could any of the members of this forum tell me the difference between
commercial quality and laboratory quality acetone? Does the ratio mentioned
above for mixing with gasoline apply to commercial or lab quality acetone?

Anybody else had the same positive result ?

Regards,

D.V.Subramanian.

Chennai, India .