Selling fuel is a stable low risk business.  The independent retailers
   don't generally see radical change as part of their business model.
   Otherwise why aren't they all selling B20?
   There are two or three groups where people report their mileage and
   some people are reporting good results, some people are reporting no
   change.  At this point based purely on the end user reports I believe
   there may be particular circumstances under which Acetone does improve
   your mileage, of course it could be placebo effect of people just
   paying more attention to their driving but if you have to buy a little
   acetone with every fillup in order to drive more efficiently then I'm
   OK with that also.
   I tried testing it myself but I don't have a working odometer and
   since we don't retail by the gallon I don't have a pump that is
   accurate enough to get any good data.  It did appear to help the
   opacity of my exhaust but that's all I can report about adding acetone
   to B100.
   kk
   bob allen wrote:

     there are a lot of independent retailers out there who would love
     to sell more gas if they could advertise it as providing 30 %
     better mileage.  They could even a couple of cents to the price and
     be ahead on cost/distance.
     enny Dunn wrote:

     Except that the petro industry doesn't really have any interest in
     you getting
     better mileage.  They certainly aren't telling us any ways to send
     them less
     money.
     $.02,
     Ken
     Michael Redler [1]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

     You're making sense Bob.

     bob allen [2]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
     if it really worked, which I highly doubt, don't you think somebody
     would be blending and selling the mix already?

     [5]http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
     [6]http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/

   --

   Kenneth Kron