a century now right? And folks have been burning anything and everything that will flow thru a tube. I can't imagine that others haven't tried all sorts of mixtures already. also, more mileage is achieved by getting more energy out of your fuel. This would suggest that a significant amount of fuel is not burning, thus going out the tail pipe. Uncombusted hydrocarbons are easily measured in tailpipe emissions, and don't add up to the energy losses which must be occurring if acetone is to help that much.

2. again consider the source:

  http://pureenergysystems.com/

is one of the sources touting the efficacy of acetone/gasoline. also on the site are magnetic motors,

"Mann was hoping to come upon a way to use the entire magnetic force for motive power. However, this present design requires at least half of the magnet power to be used to counter-act one magnet with another, the remaining is tappable for power. He doesn't think more than that can be tapped. Perhaps someone will show him wrong someday, even as he is showing the present models of physics to be incorrect."

and overunity devices:

" He reports a 30 to 1 overunity ratio with piezoelectric sonoluminescence. The higher the power you put in, the more you get out."

if just one of these guys ever started selling power to the grid, I would believe it. I know this has nothing to do with acetone/gasoline but everything to do with credibility.

3. gasoline has a very low surface tension, and I doubt that acetone will lower it any significant amount.

4. the fuel value and vapor pressure of acetone are both lower than gasoline.

5. I have seen no supporting evidence other than relatively uncontrolled tests by individuals sticking it in and watching their mileage for a few tanks. Ie, I an not swayed by the testing so far.

Disclaimer: if somebody proves me wrong by reproducible testing on a dynamometer, I will do everything I can to promote its use. In fact I really do believe that people would pay for a fuel mixture which provided 30% better millage. This could reduce oil imports to the usa by millions of barrels per day, reduce carbon emissions by the megaton, etc. Hell, in a country that cared, ie just about anywhere but the us, use of acetone would suffice to meet kyoto agreement goals. You would think that somebody would have tested and published. an hour or two on a test engine with proper controls should yield an answer. Any automotive engineering students out their? You can be famous overnight!

but I really just don't think so.

Keith Addison wrote:

Why don't you tell us why you doubt it Bob? I'm sure that would be appreciated.

--
Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" — Richard Feynman
---