Hi ,

Gasolene( petrol ) costs in India about 95 cents a liter, roughly twice of its price in U.S. And is edging up towards a dollar and more. The possibility of getting more mileage by mixing with a small dose of acetone came up from a mail posted in this list. As one of the middle class using a car & trying to balance my budget I decided to give it a try. I’ve not even asked anybody else to try and report.

I only put a harmless query about the difference between commercial acetone and lab quality acetone and added a footnote whether anybody else has tried this acetone mix & with what results. I seem to have caused a minor Tsunami.

If my experiment does not measure upto expectation, I have not hurt anybody else O.K.

Certainly you haven't. I don't think anyone was trying to get at you. There are a lot of scams and bad information about magic bullets that boost fuel economy, so it's as well that any such claims get a close examination. But you've had some encouragement too. I very much agree with Roy's reply to you, I'd guess that most list members do. It's unlikely that you'll do your car any harm, please go ahead with your plan, and please do keep us informed of the results.

By the way, I'm sure you don't need lab-quality acetone, I think the first message in the thread implied that by saying it was a widely available chemical, easy to get. Try it with commercial-grade.

Best wishes

Keith

Thank you all for yr comments.
Regards,