Hi Keith,

You're probably right.  I just have the fear that someone will
kill/blind/maim themselves making BD and it'll
be seized on by the forces of darkness.  If training were available, or
we could setp an serious non-profit (that is NOT the National Biodiesel
Board) and
do training, like The Motorcycle Safety Institute does, it would be a
real service.  I have toyed with the idea of a non-profit geared to and
supported by the home-brew and smaller brew gang, to keep and an eye on
legislation, provide the truth to the media and Congress and other
Goverments, and to lobby to counter
the anit-BD and biofuels people.  This group could also provide training
courses and certify trainers.  Maybe to outreach to farmers and fleet
drivers.  I don't get the feeling the NBB is our friend.

In no way do I mean to challenge your knowledge and instincts; you have
far more experience and standing than I do.  I guess I'm a Nervous
Nellie sometimes.
I am always careful to tell newbies coming by to learn what I do and
why.  Then I make a small batch with SVO, so it works, then move on from
there.

As for my safety when brewing, I do what I'm comfortable with.  I spent
years as a mechanic and have a bit of clue as to what to wear and when.
That said, have I whipped up a small batch without gloves?  Yup.  I
don't brew inside anymore, though.  I finally built a shed for that,
with good ventilation.

Your JTF pages are good.  I wouldn't add much.  I have a punch list I
give to people but you pretty much cover everything.

Thanks,

Mike