Thomas Kelly wrote:
>      I agree with Keith that it is best to
>      1.   Use the best quality chemicals and measure accurately.
> (This will always be important, but absolutely crucial when doing small,
> initial test batches.)
>      2.   Do not attempt to use WVO (and titration) until you have succeeded
> in making quality BD using virgin oil.
>
> (That said)      For isopropanol, I now use a product called "Iso Heet" (Red
> Container; 12 fluid ounces/355ml)). It is 95% isopropanol. I get the same
> titration as with 99% iso purchased through a chemical supply company. The
> difference is the price. I pay about $2 (US) per 355ml  vs.  $8 + shipping
> for 250ml from the chemical supply source. +  In the US many chemical
> suppliers will no longer ship to private residences.
>
> Warning: Not all gas line anti-freeze is created equal.
>      I had a problem with something called "Dri Gas". Although its label
> only listed isopropanol, the "isopropanol" itself titrated 6 or 7.
>
>      Remember, start with small (1 L) test batches using virgin oil.
>
>                                  Best Wishes for Your Success,
>                                                                     Tom

        Sorry to come in on this late, but a place I found recently that
supplies isopropyl alcohol is electronics supply places. It's used to
clean down PCB's and other electronics stuff. It's even the stuff that's
used in CD cleaning kits.

        Now all of this rests upon me getting my alcohols right, so search, at
the top of the page, for "isopropyl" at this site, www.rsaustralia.com.
This gives a range of container sizes. There is also an MSDS at:

http://docs-asia.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0065/0900766b80065e94.pdf

Have I found the right stuff? Assuming I've got the right stuff, it's a
lot easier to get 99.7% IPA from an electronics place than a chemical
supply place. Electronics places are probably a lot more common as well.

        Regards,
                Andrew