From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
robert and benita
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 10:13 AM
To: sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Vaporized gasoline engines work as proven
totheworldby Shell Oil Company in 1973

Mike Pelly wrote:

>       I ask you Robert the same questions I have asked before and the
answer
>never metalizes just a lot of BS that I don't know what I'm talking
>about.
>1. Why did Shell Oil get 376 MPGs out of a 1959 Opel back in 1973?
>Please explain why, if  not on account of lightening up the car and
>vaporizing the fuel as they attested to back than, why did they achieve
>this type of gas mileage?

    People have answered that question.  You don't want to hear the answer.
The test was done in a highly specialized environment, with a car that
wouldn't be considered safe on the road.

>2. If modern engines are so damn efficient, then why is there the need
>for a catalytic converter?

    It's for emissions purposes.  The accumulated filth of millions of cars
creates pollution problems, but the VAST majority of all the energy in fuel
is burned.

>Bonus question, why did the exhaust from our 1971 Datsun, we ran on
>vaporized gasoline smell identical to the exhaust from a propane
>powered car?

    I don't have a problem with that.  It's the outlandish claim that
vaporized gasoline can return hundreds of MPG in a REAL car that I disagree
with.

>       Lastly robert luis rabello, Where in the past did we have any
>conversation having anything to do with this subject? I only posted
>this info here last week.

    Oh, I'm sure we've talked about this before.

>       I don't care how much you think you might know about propane it's
>pretty obvious that either you do not know anything about vaporized
>gasoline beyond whatever line you have been fed or Your just a dupe for
>the oil companies. Answer for me the two questions above.

    Why the insults, Mike?  I'm writing from actual experience.  I've built
engines for gasoline AND propane.  I've built a fuel injection computer for
my truck, and I DO understand how the system works.  Why do you dismiss my
practical experience in this realm?

    You might be smarter than I am, and that would be ok.  But are you
smarter than Sir Harry Ricardo was?  Do you have something informative to
say to Mr. Carnot?

>        Global Climate change and starvation is here and only getting worse

>and if your not up to rolling up your sleeves and doing some positive
>actions to address these problems than stay the hell out of the way and
quit
>you pompous pontificating.

    We're discussing an issue here.  I've heard these outlandish claims for
"vapor carburation" many times before.  Part of the reasoning behind it
involves preserving a lifestyle where our big, heavy machines take us
wherever we want to go, whenever we want.  That mentality lies at the root
of the larger problems we're trying to address.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
"The Long Journey"
New Adventure for Your Mind