Hey Keith,
I'm sorry, but I can't buy into this.  Even on a small scale algae
will out produce anything out there.
Even if it's harder to do at the beginning;  it can actually solve
this problem.  I can't see any good
reason to go for another crop that really doesn't have a chance to do
it.
I mean with palm oil, you'd need close to 2 million acres just to fill
the order you had a few weeks
ago, and that's only a portion of a portion of a portion of what we
need.
Right now, (if I can get the permits, which I might have to move to
another county, we'll see.) My scale
will be just under the small scale limits leading into commercial
production.
Of course this will be dependent on gaining the proficiency of growing
algae.  When I get the experience under my belt, I'm hoping for a
strand that will produce 40% oil.  It will
easily outstrip any crop out there.  And they're not extremely
expensive $30-70 for the culture.
The difficulty is really in getting to optimum growth rate.
The rest of the business is the technicals of making the oil.

So please don't try to kill algae;  it is probably one of the only
crops that will be able to fill the demand we
need.  I think it's a lot easier to grow when you understand the
properties of it.
The opportunity that it presents makes it less a dream and a little
closer to reality of us being
independent.

  I appreciate the links, was just looking for anyone out there that
have found some
things along the way.  And I'm not discounting the manual at all;
just always learning.