--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Honnen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> then an ASP.NET 1 page that use XslTransform to do an identity XSLT
> transformation on that SVG document and output the result to the browser
> <http://www34.brinkster.com/libertydevelop/svg/test2006080501.aspx>
>
> Firefox 1.5 and Opera 9 render the SVG from all three URLs without
> problems, IE 6 with Adobe SVG viewer 3 renders only the SVG from the
> first two URLs without problems, Batik Squiggle 1.6 renders all three
> URLs without problems.
> So your "Of course it messes up the viewer" is a bit strong, three SVG
> viewers do fine with the &#xD;&#xA; character references in the
> attribute value, only Adobe SVG viewer does somehow not like that.

On a further look at that it is not really the Adobe SVG viewer that
has problems with the SVG returned, rather it is the old IE problem of
not wanting to respect the HTTP Content-Type response header of
image/svg+xml sent by the aspx page. If I use that old "have the URL
end in .svg" trick, e.g. a URL alike
<http://www34.brinkster.com/libertydevelop/svg/test2006080501.aspx?file=example.svg>
then IE and Adobe SVG viewer render the SVG just fine, processing
&#xD;&#xA; without problems.

Wayne, can you make use of that suggestion? You have only said that
you use .NET and XSLT but I have no idea whether you use .aspx pages
to do that dynamically on the server.