On 8/7/06, waynehet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com <svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "Martin Honnen"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Here is a static SVG document
> > <http://www34.brinkster.com/libertydevelop/svg/test2006080502.svg>
> > with &#xD;&#xA; in the d attribute value, Adobe SVG viewer in IE
> > renders that just fine so it really seems the display problem might be
> > caused by some other issue. See my other post if you use .aspx pages
> > to dynamically serve the SVG.
>
> Martin,
>
> Thanks for your reply and examples. Also, sorry for suggesting that
> the browser was messing up the graphic. I meant to imply that MS had
> somehow mangled the transformation which made it impossible to render
> in the browser, not that the browser was at fault. (geez, you guys are
> so sensitive about browser issues!)

You're right, the extra characters and spaces in the <d> attribute
> render fine when I manually insert them into the svg doc. I suppose
> I'm having trouble with some other aspect of the transformation. I
> will try to track it down.
>
> My example was rather simplistic. I'm developing a stand-alone app
> that uses IE+ASV in a .NET wrapped COM component. My code gets an
> Illustrator graphic from a database, puts it into an XPathDocument
> object to which an XSLTransform object is applied. This is supposed
> to merge other data from an object model into the graphic (basically
> changing the fill colors based on data) and then extract a node
> segment from the main document. The segment is then inserted into a
> preloaded svg template graphic which has already been rendered in the
> browser. The whole thing is roughly similiar to Francis'
> xmlSVG10000.zip example listed in the "Files" section of this group.
> The trouble arises when I try to get the correct node segment to
> insert. I thought that the extra characters were the problem but I'm
> going to have to look further.
>
> I'll let you know what I find. If you can suggest any common traps I
> should be looking at, I'd be grateful.
>
> Thanks, Wayne

(geez, you guys are so sensitive about browser issues!)
I like you to try something like this using JavaScript

var a="This is a test \r\nOne\r\nTwo \r\n"
Then
Try using AJAX with
URL="yourDomain.com?ABC="+a

Not Kidding?
with IE the string will output "This is a test
&#xD;&#xAOne&#xD;&#xATwo&space;&#xD;&#xA;"
while FF is still with return linefeed and space (which is char 13,10 and
32). Even before it leave the machine.

Hope this help

Phi

--
Phi - Tran
Hugely increase your speed, saving your band-width with ZipProtocol