--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Honnen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is a static SVG document
> <http://www34.brinkster.com/libertydevelop/svg/test2006080502.svg>
> with &#xD;&#xA; in the d attribute value, Adobe SVG viewer in IE
> renders that just fine so it really seems the display problem might be
> caused by some other issue. See my other post if you use .aspx pages
> to dynamically serve the SVG.

Martin,

Thanks for your reply and examples.  Also, sorry for suggesting that
the browser was messing up the graphic.  I meant to imply that MS had
somehow mangled the transformation which made it impossible to render
in the browser, not that the browser was at fault. (geez, you guys are
so sensitive about browser issues!)

You're right, the extra characters and spaces in the <d> attribute
render fine when I manually insert them into the svg doc.  I suppose
I'm having trouble with some other aspect of the transformation.  I
will try to track it down.

My example was rather simplistic.  I'm developing a stand-alone app
that uses IE+ASV in a .NET wrapped COM component.  My code gets an
Illustrator graphic from a database, puts it into an XPathDocument
object to which an XSLTransform object is applied.  This is supposed
to merge other data from an object model into the graphic (basically
changing the fill colors based on data) and then extract a node
segment from the main document.  The segment is then inserted into a
preloaded svg template graphic which has already been rendered in the
browser.  The whole thing is roughly similiar to Francis'
xmlSVG10000.zip example listed in the "Files" section of this group.
The trouble arises when I try to get the correct node segment to
insert.  I thought that the extra characters were the problem but I'm
going to have to look further.

I'll let you know what I find.  If you can suggest any common traps I
should be looking at, I'd be grateful.

Thanks, Wayne