Sorry,
I made a mistake, the eventhandler is not onfiltered , it is onclicked !
:)

 onclicked="openWin("punkt_id")"

Baris Yilmaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                                  Hi,

 I have a basic question. I am using Java to create a svg document. I created
an element with org.w3dom. Then I try to add an eventhandler
  onfiltered= "openWin('punkt_id')"  to an element, like;

 org.w3.dom.Element a = document.createElementNS(null, "circle");
 a.setAttributeNS(null, "onclick","openWin(\'punkt_id\')");

 But the code doesn't print the single quotes. Instead it prints something
like, &quot;

 onfiltered="openWin(&quot;punkt_id&quot;)"

 I think it should be somethink easy but I coundn't achive in this. I also
googled, but I coudn't find anything applicable to this...
    Can you please give me an advice how to print these single quotes ?

 Thank you..
  Regards
  Baris