Hi,

Our charter says:

   At a minimum this group will address providing authenticity, integrity
   and confidentiality of Syslog messages as they traverse the network.

If the WG feels that an SSH transport will accomplish this goal, and it will be used, then I'm open to having that discussion. I don't feel that documenting current tcp transports works towards that goal. I've heard a few voices say that they would support an SSH transport on the mailing list. Does anyone object or have a differing view? (We will have this as a topic in Vancouver as well.) If we agree to move forward with this then we will need someone to write the document. Volunteers?

We do have BEEP as a transport and I've received some email from a few people saying that they are using both the RAW and COOKED modes. Can I get someone who has implemented it to update RFC 3195?

Thanks,
Chris