Hi,

For a discussion of syslog over SSH, I recommend people read the
documents for other IETF network management protocols that plan to run
over SSH:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-05.txt and
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-secshell-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-tmsm-00.txt also
deals with some issues related to moving a management protocol from
UDP to TCP and sessions (but mostly is about backwards compatibility
with the SNMPv3 architecture and access control).

David Harrington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]