From: Chris Lonvick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 8:48 AM
To: David B Harrington
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Syslog] TCP and SSH Discussion

Hi David,

I'd also recommend that people look at the current thoughts on "call

home".

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-callhome-descri
ption-03.txt

Thanks,
Chris

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, David B Harrington wrote:

Hi,

For a discussion of syslog over SSH, I recommend people read the
documents for other IETF network management protocols that
plan to run
over SSH:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-05.txt
and

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-secshell-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-tmsm-00.txt
also
deals with some issues related to moving a management protocol
from
UDP to TCP and sessions (but mostly is about backwards
compatibility
with the SNMPv3 architecture and access control).

David Harrington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]