Hi Darren,

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Darren Reed wrote:

Hi Darren,

It's not "syslog/udp/ssh" nor "syslog/tcp/ssh", it's going to be
"syslog/ssh/tcp/ip".  syslog will be a defined subsystem for SSH much like
sftp and netconf.

Oh! Hmmm.

Do you have any links to critiques about sftp ?

The secsh wg mailing list. ;) ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/secsh/

I've spoken to at least one person recently (but I can't recall *who*)
that wasn't too impressed with sftp, so I'm curious if there is anything
substantial that discusses its drawbacks and what lessons (if any) need
to be learnt from it.

Joseph Galbriath has offered to have a bar-bof to discuss sftp.

Thanks,
Chris