G'day talk-au,

Increasingly at major intersections, there has been an effort to improve
cyclist safety, which has led to some cycle lanes terminating before the
intersection and providing a ramp for cyclists to join a shared path and
use push button traffic lights to cross separated from the carriageway. As
such, there has been an increasing use of "All Bicycles" signage, which
from my research is legally enforceable.

Some examples:

https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/dQy7A06SHDfBKcN7xBKRFA (cycle lane
terminates before the intersection)

https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/2alrT9RBIzuY7JiFrnq6lQ (cycle lane
terminates due to narrow bridge, so cyclists must use the adjacent shared
path)

My tagging mechanism for the connection between the roadway and the
cycleway/shared path (via the flush ramp) has been

highway=cycleway
oneway=yes
surface=paved

Possibly not the best solution, but the best that I have come up with so
far.

As for the road after the ramp, I generally tag it with cycleway=no since
the infrastructure disappears. However in addition to the
aforementioned tagging scheme, I'm curious to whether the road beyond
should be tagged with bicycle=no up until the next intersection. For
instance, the first example would be tagged bicycle=no from the ramp until
Tumbi Road. Whilst bicycles are not explicitly prohibited, the logical
result from requiring cyclists to leave the carriageway is that they aren't
allowed on the road, and I'm wondering how to replicate that properly in
OSM so that routers can understand.

Interested to hear your thoughts,
Thanks,
Luke