Jun 19, 2020, 14:58 by suburbansilvervl...@gmail.com:

> highway=cycleway
> oneway=yes
> surface=paved

Can you consider using more specific surface? Like surface=asphalt?

>  I'm curious to whether the road beyond should be tagged with bicycle=no up
> until the next intersection. For instance, the first example would be tagged
> bicycle=no from the ramp until Tumbi Road. Whilst bicycles are not explicitly
> prohibited, the logical result from requiring cyclists to leave the
> carriageway is that they aren't allowed on the road, and I'm wondering how to
> replicate that properly in OSM so that routers can understand.

Is there any case where cyclist would be allowed to use the road (for example -
cycling is some
specific direction requires using road as bikeway is not going there), but
generally
sidepath should be used whenever possible?

In such case bicycle=use_sidepath would be better match.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:bicycle%3Duse_sidepath

If it is impossible for cyclist to legally enter road in any way then
bicycle=no is correct.

Note that in some cases bicycle:forward / bicycle:backward may be needed
(if situation differs depending on a direction).