I am re-sending the following message without the attachment, as the
original message is held in the moderation queue due to its size. Sorry
for any duplication if that one is approved, but I might forget if I
don't resend, and the delay could also be confusing to people because I
already sent some follow-up messages.
On Sun 2023-10-01 21:20:38 +1100, Andrew Harvey wrote:

> [... 71 lines elided]

> The preparation and planning is well progressed in my view. There is
> always going to be a long tail of corner cases and I was attempting to
> handle more of these in the code and that never got finished. We
> probably would be better to make a call to accept those corner cases
> and go ahead with the import.

Maybe we can go stage by stage. Stage 1 - postal_code is the first stage
that has not been completed.

I built the dist/postalCodeURLs.txt file (see attached) yesterday and it
contains 2425 JOSM RemoteControl urls. Shall we go ahead and import them
(or a newly generated version)?

BTW, I'd assume the whole pipeline for each stage should be generated at
approximately the same time, using the data downloaded at approximately
the same time. If that is the case, it would make sense to have a
Makefile rule for each stage, that remove all files in the pipeline for
that stage and redownload and recompute them. What do you think?

> [... 2 lines elided]

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0