On Sun 2023-10-01 21:33:45 +1100, Warin wrote:

> [... 25 lines elided]

> -------------------

> I have been adding addr:street to those places with addr:housenumber
> where possible. If you are adding addr:housenumber then it is not much
> more work to add the addr:street data. There are a few that are
> uncertain so I lave them alone. Australia has 98% of addr:housnumber
> with addr:street where as on a world scale only 90% of addr:housnumber
> have addr:streettoo.

I have been adding house numbers using StreetComplete, and I always add
the street name afterwards. Normally on StreetComplete I see missing
street numbers but never missing street names where street numbers are
already there. So 98% sounds about right.

> ---------------------

> So Yuchen Pei what are your thoughts/skills for adding address data to OSM?

Apart from StreetComplete, I do have a computer programming background,
and would be interested in doing it in a more automated way, like what
vicmap2osm tries to do.

> [... 6 lines elided]

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0