On Tue 2023-10-03 19:51:13 +1100, Warin wrote:

> On 3/10/23 14:27, Andrew Harvey wrote:

> [... 12 lines elided]

>         OK, what is needed to be done for "Stage 2 - Set unit from
>         housenumber"?

>     Further testing of the upload script. The changes themselves are
>     pretty safe. It's using a custom uploader and if something isn't
>     right it could make a mess. Sure the changeset could be reverted
>     in the worst case scenario but you end up with more history so
>     best to avoid this. I'll see if I can find some time to progress
>     this further.

> Umm 'custom uploader' .. a file compatible with JOSM should be easy
> enough to create. Then selecting a small area to upload and test would
> be a simple manual operation, as would uploading the entire change
> set.

The osc file[1] generated in Stage 2 is compatible with JOSM.

[1] https://ypei.org/assets/tmp/unitFromNumber-1.osc

I spot checked a few nodes and they look correct too. See also the
attached screenshot.

My understanding of this Stage is to fix all the discrepancies between
streetnumber=X/Y in osm and streetnumber=Y;unit=X in the vicmap dataset,
before Stage 3 - uploading new addresses from the latter.

I can do the test upload of a small area (say ~100 addresses) and report
back.

I will check the scripts that generate this file, to find out whether
the logic indicates the file has full coverage corresponding to the
datasets.

> [... 5 lines elided]

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0