A response to Tony's comment  (but not necessarily relevant to the names of
tracks)

The "higher" name is not necessarily the street name.

In New South Wales, the local government is the naming authority for street
names.  Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) is the authority for designating
highways but not the street names.  For example, in the Sydney suburb of
Ashfield, the Hume Highway includes Liverpool Road but the official name of the
road is Liverpool Road and premises will have Liverpool Road as their address.
The RMS can designate the road as a highway and can signpost the name/number of
the highway but the local government posts the formal street name.  In the
particular example I have given, the primary name is Liverpool Road.  This
principle applies in all the similar instances of which I am aware.