Agreed, if I understand you correctly.

In the case of something like the Great North Walk, it can be a bit of a grey area as not only the main track, but many of the feeder tracks are labelled Great North Walk. If you didn't know the history of the tracks, you could easily assume it's all just the Great North Walk.

Spatial Services often shows the Great North Walk in a different colour to the name of the individual track

eg:
https://maps.ozultimate.com/?lat=-33.621784672158356&lng=151.12625598907474&zoom=15

cheers
Tom