On 17/5/24 00:11, Mark Pulley wrote:
On 16 May 2024, at 6:15 PM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
In the Blue Mountains some paths have more than one OSM way - each with
different 'name', at least some of these are routes that may, I repeat may, not
be the true path name.
Example
Way 1199677262 - 'Grand Clifftop Walk'
Way 22761613 - 'Overcliff Track' Note NPWS route 'Overcliff-Undercliff track'
.. the over cliff track is mapped separately in OSM. A route relation could be
made with both these tracks and a website link..
Just had a look at this one - YUK! The new 'Grand Clifftop Walk' way
overlapping the existing way should go. New relation should be made for the
route. There are some sections that would keep the name - the section from Golf
Links Lookout to near Carleton Road was given that name back in the ?1990s? (I
remember seeing the name in the mid 90s) - the track was meant to be extended
further to Sublime Point but this never happened.

The error message I got from JOSM was some 50 overlayed ways .. that may not be all of them.