Brian,

 I have done that before.  If the road geometry is incorrect in
OpenStreetMap due to inaccuracies with the source TIGER Files and it is
either incorrect or non-existent on Bing, but correct on Google Maps, and
we use bing imagery for tracing the road geometry, but Google Maps to
discover the name of the road is it incorrect to use source=google?  You
are not tracing a road geometry from Google Maps, but you might be using it
for other attribute data.  Seems like the tagging should be either
source=bing or source=google or both.

Rick Marshall
Rick Marshall, PhD, GISP
President
Vertical GeoSolutions, Inc (VerticalGeo)
130 Sawgrass Ln
O'Fallon, IL  62269
(618) 670-4259
rick.marsh...@verticalgeo.com