brad <bradha...@fastmail.com> writes:

>>> Why not simply call anything which is a 'large public area for
>>> recreation', a park, and specify it additionally with additional tags?
>> Because we have existing norms, and it is not generally a good idea to
>> ask that tagging of thousands of objects be thrown out and redone.
> OK, but I think that's what you're asking for if county parks, state
> parks, and large city parks can't be tagged as parks.

If people in one country have mistagged things, then I think it's ok to
fix that.  I don't think it's ok to ask the rest of the world to change
to accomodate our mistagging.

The notion of what leisure=park means (that many "state parks" aren't
included) has been clear to me for years, from reading the wiki when I
joined OSM.

But I'm not really clear on the total statistics of use of leisure=park
in the US and not in the US.