Mike,
It is a rather unique set of circumstances that make this project a good fit:
   - The county does not map most driveways
   - The degree of rural-ness, hills, and trees
- Most trees are deciduous, making the off-leaf imagery good for locating hidden driveways. - The region is a mix of economics - some nice newer houses, many older houses / trailers. The FD must manage their budget carefully: they declined the $15K app from the county that probably just shows GIS data with latest roads and address numbers. It wouldn't necessarily locate driveway entrances since the data doesn't have those. Even if it showed off-leaf imagery, a co-pilot wouldn't have time to study out a driveway on the way to a call.

If the official data source did have driveways and a navigation app, I'll admit it would be hard to try OSM. Or even the fire district I live in with much shorter driveways, {CommercialMapper} would find nearly every address almost exactly.

The fire chief is eager to present the project to the next meeting of fire chiefs in the area. I'll be interested to hear the comments from the other districts.

  Mike