On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  So, this is awkward.

> From a pragmatic legal perspective, it seems to me that any
> nearmap-sourced edits that I made while under the effects of the CT
> are totally invalid anyway, so should be moved to a non-CT account.

We're* also expecting to implement a way for you to flag edits that
shouldn't be promoted to CT/ODbL, so you'll be able to accept CT, and
flag those changesets that are incompatible individually.  The bad
ones won't be brought forward but your survey-based,
direct-observation contributions will continue.  Many other benefits
to this approach, but that's a discussion for another list.

* LWG have been discussing it, but the server team / community will
end up implementing it.