On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 23:46:21 +0100
andrzej zaborowski <balr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It's incompatible even at present.
> >
> > could you please explain this reasoning?
>
> The assumption (from Nearmap's terms of use) is that the results of
> tracing the imagery become CC-By-SA.  CC-By-SA is incompatible with
> the license you grant to the OSMF when you accept the new CT, I
> thought that was a generally accepted interpretation?  I mean
> regardless of what OSMF does with the data now or in the future.
>
> Again this belongs on the other list but the misleading statement was
> made here.
>
> Cheers

I disagree that the statement is misleading.
SteveB is a long standing contributor. He has used Yahoo! and NearMap
and also ground survey.
His contributions precede the arrival of the page which invited persons
to change to the new CTs.
That may not have been stated clearly in the subsequent mails, but was
noted in SteveB's original mail.