On Tuesday 23 October 2018, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> It would however be interesting to develop a tagging scheme that lets
> us not only record "this border is disputed" but also "this is the
> extent of country X according to country Y", which we currently don't
> have.

I think that would not be verifiable.  Different political fractions
often even have different opinions on the extent of their country.  OSM
is not a place to record a spectrum of opinions on political goals and
human beliefs, it is meant to record a single consistent model of the
verifiably observable nature of reality.

If data users need additional data for their purposes they need to
obtain it from other sources.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/