In Reference to "THE BAT! Will it be a newsreader option ?" From Steve Lamb:

SL>     Computers are one of the most complex, if not the most complex machine in
SL> use by the general population.  It is complex because it is designed, from the
SL> onset, to be general.  We have a machine that can kill you 20 ways to tuesday
SL> in a game, help you file your taxes, interface with other computers continents
SL> away like it was nothing, etc, etc, etc.  In short it performed thousands of
SL> barely related tasks.  Name another machine that can do that in general use.

While I understand your point (and agree with most of it) I have to
take exception to this portion. Computers don't actually "do" a varied
amount of things.  All they real do is compute.  The software has a
myriad of uses.  To use your hammer anology, I can uses a hammer to
build a house, break a rock, crack an egg (gingerly), straighten a
bent whatever, etc. But all it's really doing is hammering.  Just as a
calculator could help me with taxes, build a bridge, and perform a
hostile takeover of microsoft (a calculator and the GNP of 17
countries).

 Yeah, it's a nitpick, I know what you meant, but I had to toss in my
2 cents anyway. ;-)

--
- Nick

Nick Danger's Complimentary Curse <(©¿©)>:
May 10,000 incompetent convicts make camp in your jacket.

Using The Bat! 1.36
 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998