Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 4:14:15 AM, you wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 6:22:29, Tom wrote:

>> "cannot    compress    the    folder   xxx.   Stream   rea   error   "
>> E\TheBat....messages.tbb"  The  request could not be performed because
>> of an I/O device error".

> This could indicate a disk problem. Try copying the messages.tbb file
> to another folder (make sure The Bat is closed first), delete the
> original, then move the copy back, and run Maintenance afterwards.

Jernej,  I  am not sure - what I can say is that the disk is definitely
not full.  Unfortunately I can't follow your suggestion as copying the
TBB  file  is not possible. It ends the same way as doing maintenance,
ie  the  copying  runs through fine until you reach about 90% and then
the  error  message  comes up (ie the last 465 mb out of 5gb choke the
system).  Renaming the TBN file and reopening TB works but inside that
folder  no emails are shown with the counter being zero). I see that a
new TBB and TBN file are being created with TBB showing 4kb and TBN 37
kb.  I  guess  I will try to delete these and rename the original file
back which will bring back the emails but does not solve the problem.

--
Tom
using TheBat! 4.2.33.9 on XP