Sunday, July 2, 2017, 8:52:41 AM, you wrote:

> I said that your disk may have problems, and if you can't copy the TBB
> file from Windows, this pretty much confirms it - you most likely have
> a failing hard drive, and you should take a full backup immediately.

> You can also try to run hard drive diagnostic tool from the
> manufacturer of your disk drive - some of them offer the ability to
> relocate bad sectors (this usually results in some data loss, but you
> can copy the files that got stuck afterwards).

Jerney,  I tested the drive with crystaldisk and it was indeed
failing. I have now replaced it and transferred the important files
over to the new drive.
Unfortunately  as  far  as  TB is concerned, in the past I did not think my
backup
policy  through. My setup with the database not on the OS drive but on
the  internal  data drive meant I did not have any images to fall back
on.  I  had  set  up  backups  twice  weekly via scheduler but as they
replace  the  prior  files  and tend to get quite big, basically I had
only  a  week  to  go  back. So the oldest backup was already slightly
affected  by  the  database  corruption.  I  deleted  TB  from  my OS,
reinstalled and then used one of the backups. So for the most part
everything  works  again but I do have one folder lost.
I  wish there was an easy way to archive old emails in a way that they
are stored in a static way outside of the active program or database.

--
Tom
using TheBat! 4.2.33.9 on XP