I looked at the Window's version of Tcl.  There is no special system level
compiler flag to compile threaded versus non-threaded.  So it seems that
non-threaded Tcl on Windows may work fine with Java.

I have to agree that requiring threaded Tcl may be the only option for UNIX.
If non-threaded Tcl can interact badly with Java, so can these Tcl
extensions that are not thread enabled.  If that is the case, even if we can
make Tcl work with the JVM, there is no guarantee that the extensions can
work.

-- Jiang Wu
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]