Ok,  I'm no payroll expert, but there must be a way of designing payroll for
tinyerp so that it starts with a fairly neutral 'payroll' module then,
separate, country specific modules are added ?  What does everyone think? If we
can come up with a way of designing this then we can work together, otherwise i
guess there will simply be country specific modules for each and all of
payroll's functions.

One idea is that with any countries payroll there are common things like:
different kinds of leave
Items that subtract from your pay like taxes
Items that add to your final pay like allowances
Items on top of your pay like 'superannuation' or 'provident fund'

Perhaps our 'bashing' accountant friend might know?

---

On another note: "payrollBash", truly an incredible achievement, from a
"retired accountant".  Anyone who can write that much bash in one program
deserves some sort of medal.  Is there a world record for that kind of thing?

Michael Gardner

Michael Gardner
Partner
Karmine Consulting