Hello,

There's a lot to learn though and I don't have Francais, so some
> docs take me a long time to parse (poorly).
We just hired a translator that will start within 2 weeks. So, we will improve these 'french' documentations soon.

On the other hand,
> I have some very simple questions like why no first/last name
> separation? (my income tax summaries need it)
Lots of answers to this question:

* EDI norm asks it in this way (when you get messages, we tested on SAP)
* More easier when importing data from programs that does'nt separate first/last name * Sometimes it's a non sense to separate first/last name on a partner: (for eg, if you want to put the name of a company, a surname of someone, ...).

But I agree, sometimes it's better to separate them. I am thinking about this:
* Partner and contacts: single textbox
* Employee name: first/last name

We should may be provide an optionnal module that does this (adding 2 fields for first/last name, replacing the existing name by a function computed on these 2 files). It's only a few lines of code.

--
Fabien

Tiny ERP - when brains matter more than size
  -- George Jacobson, 2005