> We should may be provide an optionnal module that does this (adding 2
> fields for first/last name, replacing the existing name by a function
> computed on these 2 files). It's only a few lines of code.

So a normal 'Name' field and two others for first/last where IF first/last had
content THEN they'd be concat together for the normal name field. Use or don't
use. That would work for all I think. Thank you.

Also, I don't think I can just add a page(s) to the current HR view without
effecting the original distro code with an include, correct? I do not ever want
to change distro code, because that only creates a maintenance nightmare. I
thought to implement by inheriting both table and views into a 'replacement' HR
module and control it by only displaying the replacement to users. This 'feels'
like the correct way with how terp is laid out.

Is there any merit at all to the notion of generic dr/cr as discussed above? If
not, all payroll writers will pretty much start from scratch each time I think.