Allow me to give you a resent example of one of your smears. Depending how you do with it, I may go further:

"BTW you are included in the triad along with Lance, and Jonathan."

Can you say to me with a clear conscience and your hand on the Bible that yours is not a pejorative use of the word "triad"?

jt: I don't swear on anything Bill, my yes or no should be enough and I can say with a clear conscience that I was not intentionally being "perjorative" in using the word triad which has become a kind of internet shorthand for you, Lance, and Jonathan, kind of like an endearing emoticon - I don't consider them perjorative. Do you?.

Now allow me to give you an example of misrepresentation from a recent post:

Don't you believe that all mankind is included in the incarnation which makes them all headed for heaven whether or not they overcome anything.

I underlined the portion of your statement which is a true representation of things I've said. The second part is not accurate and cannot be linked to what I actually believe and have stated. I am confident (and this because I have had to defend and clarify myself so many times) that I have written more about the potential of humans to lose their salvation, than anyone on this list. I do not damn people to hell, like, say, you do, but I have written many substantive words expressing the possibility of people rejecting Christ and damning themselves to hell. You know this, so why do you continue to misrepresent my position?

jt: There you go Bill, doing exactly what you are accusing me of.  I want you to go as far back as you can and find someone I have damned to hell either on or off this list.  And as for the second part of what I wrote above. I can say with a clear conscience that I don't remember any fo the "substantive words" you have written about anyone damning themselves to hell either.

Now let me give you an example of your caricatures from a recent post?

However, this is subject to change if anyone can show me in the scriptures that I am in error and so far none of the "eternal son" people have done so.

While I admit that on this occasion the infraction is slight, it does stand as an example of a caricature. I have written at length in the last few weeks explaining the orthodox doctrine of Christ and the relational nature of our triune God. I have deliberately refrained from doing a lot of outsourcing. I have stuck to the exegesis of Scripture to make this clear, even though there is some really wonderful, and informative, and authoritative stuff out there from which to draw, and I have done this because I know that you, if you are to see the light, will only see it via an exposition of Scripture.

jt: "Outsourcing" Bill? Sounds like problems US trade is having right now. I agree that you have tried to explain the above but I don't see the Godhead as three ppl all fixed and relating to one another throughout eternity, neither do I accept what you term as the "orthodox" doctrine of Christ - He has been, is, and will be so much more ...

And Judy, don't deceive yourself: I have stated it in a coherent and cogent way. You have no excuse for not understanding what I am attempting to convey. This doctrine has stood the test of time. It is essential to a right understanding of God. Yet you belittle that effort and shun your heritage with your derogatory characterization of us as the "'eternal son' people."

jt: Bill just because something is old does not make it either good or true. I don't know that I don't understand what you are saying. I do know that I don't accept that Jesus is locked in to being an "eternal son"

You have been shown in Scripture the basis for this belief. It is a strong enough basis to have convinced millions upon millions of Christians over the centuries.

jt:  I don't believe I have been given a scriptural basis for this belief Bill - and do you really believe that these millions upon millions of Christians over the centuries did their own homework?  Or have they been taught creeds and even at times given ultimatums?

You have been shown the error of your theology, yet you mock us with words and titles like: "'eternal Sonship' - relationship - community thing." This is a caricature; it is a derogatory imitation of our beliefs san the substance of content.

jt: I am sorry that you feel this way Bill. I'm not against relationship, community, or in sonship - if they are in the right balance and context.

By the way, if you want any references you may check your comments below. Except for the last two, they were made in your post prior to this one. Bill

jt: Thank you Bill for this response... and I plead "not guilty" as charged..
Now Bill, let's not rush to judgment here.  You have me convicted and sentenced while the jury is still out.
Are you certain that what I describe below is not you? Can you prove that you don't believe these things and have never promoted them on this list?  Let's take care of these questions before we worry about whether I am ready to repent.  You may be the one needing to repent for accusing the brethren.

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:57:23 -0700 "Bill Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:Judy, if you want me to do this, I will. But when I do, are you really going to be ready to repent? I rather doubt it. But I would be thrilled if you are. Bill