On 04/09/2013 11:57 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
ranting wont get you anywhere ...

That wasn't my intention.
aptitude is not the recommended tool in ubuntu and never was (at least
in the 9 years i work on ubuntu) ... if it is recommended anywhere that
is definitely wrong and this recommendation should be adjusted to
apt-get.

Please read the previous messages. I did not say in Ubuntu, I said in _Debian_. I'm trying to get it changed in Ubuntu. And are you seriously suggesting that _Ubuntu_ ask Debian to adjust the endorsed management tools?

<snipped for non sequitur>

you could as well rant about the fact that we dont include dselect by
default ... both are debian tools that arent used in an ubuntu default
installation ...

I am arguing replacement of apt-get with aptitude, not about including an arbitrary package for the hell of it.