On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Waclaw Kusnierczyk <w...@idi.ntnu.no> wrote:

> Where does this conmviction come from?
>
> On 04/09/2013 02:21 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
>
>> On Ubuntu Desktop we want to discourage usage of command line =) as
>> there is no need for that for non-developers.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dmitrijs.

It is consistent to the dumbing down of our society, which
is not necessarily a bad thing. All modern cars are built for
"idiots" to use. If these same "idiots" think they know how
to use a computer (as they think that they are really drivers)
then there is some overall benefit.

The prices of computers and the internet are as low as they
are because so many otherwise incapacitated users buy them.
If Bill Gates hadn't been a complete idiot about software, the
machines we get for $300 today may have never come into
existence...

Personally, I look forward to the day of the return of the 24x80
CRT... but know I am in the minority.. for me the GUI is only
something that gets in the way of me being productive.

> --

---
NOTE: If it is important CALL ME - I may miss email,
which I do NOT normally check on weekends nor on
a regular basis during any other day.
---
LD Landis - N0YRQ - de la tierra del encanto
3960 Schooner Loop, Las Cruces, NM 88012
651-340-4007 **FWBCS N32 21'48.28" W106 46'5.80"