Thanks very much, Skip, for the information. Sounds like a great book. I haven't done Java since Struts 1.x, so I'll need to shake off some language rust (not the language Rust but just plain old ordinary language rust).

On 16-08-05 03:27 PM, Skip wrote:
There have been significant changes since this book was written.  However,
it covers topics where very little would need to be added to make it
current.  It does not cover the code in the applications tree where a great
deal has changed.  It focuses on the framework which is what you really want
when you are making new applications for hot-deploy.  I think with this
book, you are well prepared to write new applications assuming previous Java
experience.

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Thorner [mailto:tthor...@infotinuum.com]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 1:00 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ofbiz Cookbook

Thank you for the recommendation.  I read Ms. Hoffman's "OFBiz Ecommerce
Out-Of-The-Box" as a primer of sorts, and based on that positive
experience will consider saving my pennies so I can purchase her OFBiz
cookbook.

Is there any reason to anticipate a need for an updated edition? Have
there been many significant changes to OFBiz (or its complementary
considerations like data modeling strategies) since 2010?