Paul

I took the time to scan your link, but did not get into an in-depth perusal
of it.  At first glance, it is a fine overview, but in my opinion, not
nearly complete enough for a new user.  For this, I think Ruth's book is
much more useful.

I do like your decision to replace all the minilang services.  I too have
slowly been replacing them for my installations.  On the other hand, I
really like minilang screens for simple backend stuff.  You can write them
much more quickly than ftl so long as they are simple.

I also really like your new ftl macros.  I have been using the opentaps
macros for a long time and I think yours are significantly better especially
in their granularity and ability to support more display device types.  I
think Obbiz would greatly benefit if you considered contributing them back
to the Obbiz project.

Having said that, I am not sure there would be a consensus on the shift back
to ftl.  So many of the active contributors seem to like minilang.  I think
that is one of the reasons Si Chen started opentaps.

I completely missed seeing that Ruth had moved on.  That is sad.  But
hopefully, she is still getting royalities for her work.

Skip