I would like to add to what Scott already mentioned that minilang is not
only difficult to debug but also overly verbose.

However, minilang exists and continues to be used I think because of the
ctrl-space auto complete combined with XSD definitions for the statements.
This makes it a DSL (not too pretty) and this is something that we did not
provide a reasonable alternative for. Groovy makes a good candidate for an
alternative DSL but we don't have something yet which is comprehensively
documented with an easy auto-complete feature. This is very important for
many developers I think. So we need to think of a good alternative