On 2024/03/06 19:23, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
Good evening
I am working on a book and applied
* chapter styles
* heading styles
and a few not so important other styles.

Question:
The chapter style specifies a certain font and font size, plus italic.
For each chapter the little dialog box in the left upper corner shows the style name, font name and font size I specified. However I noticed, that for some chapters even though style name etc. is as I specified, the actually used font and font size are different.
Trying Ctrl+M and then applying my style does NOT help.

Why is it, that a certain style produces two different appearances?
What can I do to get the same style for all chapters.
That will be required later when I set up an table of contents.

Using: Libreoffice 7.4.2.3, Windows 10, the text is in English, but includes a few Chinese characters

Yes, I did ask this before
Everything (almost) went fine for a while, now the problem reappeared.
Among all the chapter headings just ONE refuses to use the specified font etc.
Reapplying the style does not help.
Deleting either the heading alone or some text around it does not help either. When I tried to edit = delete the style, I got the error message that doing so will delete ONE OF THE USED styles,
which then will affect all other places where that style is used.
-> Well, I know only the heading style and naturally the page style.
If there is something else somewhere, how do I find out what that is - and how do I correct it?

Thank you