On Apr 21, 2008, at 10:46 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Jo Rhett wrote:
Bob Proulx wrote:
Who to forge?  The answer is "Everyone!"  Any address that can be

You're going out of your way to miss the point.  That's hard work

It is you who are missing the point.  When spammers generate mail
from and to every possible combination they will eventually hit a
combination that you will see.  The distributed spamming engines of
the 'bot-nets are quite powerful and can generate this volume of
traffic.

"Eventually" is the big word. If we succeed in making spam "eventually" get through then we would have won this war. I'm saying that I've never seen this in the wild, and the AWL has been 99% or greater effective for me, so I'm not going to throw away a good tool because it is theoritically possible to fit another angel on that pinhead. It works today.

Now please stop arguing that AWL is useless. It works for me. If it doesn't work for you, then you have no reason to reply on this thread. (not trying to be rude, but this conversation is pointless)

--
Jo Rhett