Edward L. Fox wrote:

> > > Gah. Scrub that. Manually removing the file in question and updating
> > > again has sorted it (that's the first time I've had Subversion complain
> > > over several updates).
> > >
> > > Sorry for the noise...
> >
> > Actually, this is a repository bug.  src/auto/config.h is
> > fully generated therefore it should not be versioned.
>
> Yes, it's a bug. I can fix the problem, but not yet. Because I shall
> also need to delete the corresponding files in the CVS repository to
> keep the two repositories' consistency. If Bram would grant me such
> permission to delete these unnecessary files in the CVS and SVN
> repository, I'll do it right away. I already have the CVS writing
> privilege, so the only thing I need is just a permission. :-)

This is not a bug, an empty src/auto/config.h is included, because
otherwise "make depend" doesn't work.

The problem is that when running configure the file is overwritten by a
non-empty one.  When you update from CVS later it fails.  But that is
OK, just ignore the error.

It would be nicer if we have some way to avoid the error message, but I
don't know how.

125. You begin to wonder how often it REALLY is necessary to get up
     and shower or bathe.