Stephan Hegel wrote:
A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
- What is ncftp? On my openSUSE 10.2 system I have a program called "ftp" but none called "ncftp".
[39]./home/steve: rpm -qi ncftp
Name        : ncftp                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 3.1.9 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany Release : 2 Build Date: Fri 09 Sep 2005 06:15:16 PM CEST Install date: Sun 16 Oct 2005 06:07:57 AM CEST Build Host: berlioz.suse.de Group : Productivity/Networking/Ftp/Clients Source RPM: ncftp-3.1.9-2.src.rpm
Size        : 1038391                          License: Artistic License
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Fri 09 Sep 2005 06:52:45 PM CEST, Key ID a84edae89c800aca
Packager    : http://www.suse.de/feedback
URL         : http://www.ncftp.com/
Summary     : A Comfortable FTP Program
Description :
This program has been in service on UNIX systems since 1991 and is a
popular alternative to the standard FTP program, /usr/bin/ftp. NcFTP
offers many ease-of-use and performance enhancements over the stock FTP
client, and runs on a wide variety of UNIX platforms as well as
operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X.

Authors:
--------
    Mike Gleason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Regards,
  Stephan.

Well, AFAICT it has disappeared between SuSE 10.0 and 10.2. I have packages named lftp and lukemftp (which are installed); YaST also shows, among "FTP clients", gftp, tftp and yafc; but the only available packages (in category "zzzAll") whose name starts "nc" are ncpfs, ncurses and ncurses-devel. /usr/bin/ftp is actually a link, /bin/ftp -> /etc/alternatives/ftp -> /usr/bin/pftp where pftp comes from the "lukemftp" package which is "the enhanced ftp client in NetBSD"

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"How do you like the new America?  We've cut the fat out of the
government, and more recently the heart and brain (the backbone was