On Thursday 17 May 2007 13:32, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
> > A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
> >> - What is ncftp? On my openSUSE 10.2 system I have a program
> >> called "ftp" but none called "ncftp".
> Well, AFAICT it has disappeared between SuSE 10.0 and 10.2. I have
> packages named lftp and lukemftp (which are installed); YaST also

i think a lot of software that was installed by default in 10.0 was
left off 10.2, but any of it you want is readily available if you get
your "installation sources" correct

i've got suse 10.2 and i got curious after seeing this thread

a visit to yast, software management, searched for ncftp and it
brought ncftp right to the fore, installed it for me, and i've been
happily learning features since -- imagine commandline recall that
works in ftp!  bookmarks!

anyway, i've got the plain jane installation sources:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/non-oss

ncftp should have popped right up for you -- what do you have
in "Configured Software Catalogs" (under installation sources)?

sc